Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bumma



I never got to meet Bumma, but as with so much of BookCrossing, that never seemed to matter. Through her daughter Bookczuk's lovely Bumma Stories, I knew her. And I called her a friend. 

If I had to write one sentence that reminded me of Bumma, it would be, "I came, I saw, I conquered". It's very apt for many areas of her life. She certainly conquered the heart of Eli, her beloved husband and soulmate. It applies to her education, when she accomplished many things in a field many women had yet to conquer. It was true for the medical issues that she dealt with for much of her adult life. And it applies to many of us in BookCrossing. Her wit and charm earned her friends around the world. 

It was a life well-lived. .

Bumma's obituary in the Charleston paper.

The Bumma Bookshelf

No comments:

Post a Comment