Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Raycansella


Raycansella died suddenly and unexpectedly on June 10, 2006. From her husband Roger: 

"Carolyn greatly enjoyed Book-Crossing- not only the leaving of books but also the forums, games, and the people she met online. We have got books she acquired stacked up all over the place which she intended to put out. I hope to, in time, get enough energy to continue releasing books in her honor. I am sure she would have wanted that.
Although Carolyn never wanted to be caught releasing books herself, she didn't seem to mind if I was caught in the act
Carolyn loved books and loved reading. She had a Master of Science Degree in Library Science and had worked for over 12 years as a professional librarian in California and Florida"

On a personal note from Wren: I had mentioned once that I hadn't been able to convert my town into a book releasing place. After that, whenever she passed through here on her travels, she made a point to release several books for me to find. I guess this town is full of more readers than I thought, since I never was able to catch one! I will miss her.

The Rancansella Bookshelf 

No comments:

Post a Comment